Wow. I know that I never post twice in one day, but today will be the exception. 🙂 So first, I just want to say that I am so thrilled, yet humbled at all of the amazing people who choose to follow my blog. (Seriously, ya’ll are awesome!) It has been so exciting to see this little blog grow and continue to reach more people! I am so thankful for the many wonderful Christian girls that I’ve been able to ‘meet’ and interact with through this blogging world. They have been such a blessing and encouragement!
A huge, huge, HUGE, thank you to Beyond The Shooting Stars for nominating me for this award! I was so surprised to see my blog’s name on the list of the blogs that had been nominated for the “One Lovely Blog Award.” I totally wasn’t expecting to see that! I have to say, it was an absolutely WONDERFUL start to my day! To know that someone had seen this blog and enjoyed it enough to share with others….. Wow. What an amazing feeling!
Beyond The Shooting Stars is such a lovely blog. You definitely need to go check it out! By the way, I am totally looking forward to her Bacon, Tomato, & Cheese stuffed chicken breast recipe! It sounds so yummy!!
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate at most 15 people
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated
- I am a born again Christian, Baptist Pastor’s daughter and the oldest of five children.
- I’m a musician/singer/songwriter. Music plays (literally) such an enormous role in my life! My main instrument is piano. I’m our church’s full time pianist and I absolutely LOVE it! I also love singing. My family sings all of the time at our church and also at friend’s churches for special meetings and things. We all enjoy it so much! Practice time can definitely get a little crazy at our house, because there are so many of us trying to memorize lines and learn different parts and harmonies, (Sometimes just in a matter of minutes) but we always have so much fun together! It’s so encouraging when you see that you are being a blessing to people through your music.
- I worked at a horse farm for two years and enjoyed every second of it! – Well, except the time when it was over a hundred degrees and I forgot to bring a drink. So I worked in the sun for hours just getting more and more dehydrated…… Then when I got home, I ran inside into the air conditioned house and drank about a gallon of water. Um yeah, just like you aren’t supposed to give the horses a lot of water after they have been working hard in the heat, well, that applies to people too. I started feeling like I had a terrible fever, then I blacked out, fell on my parent’s bed, and slept for about 6 hours. Thankfully when I woke up, I felt much better. After I woke up though, I just kept thinking, ‘That was not good…. I probably could’ve just died….’ But here I am! I survived to tell the story! And just a warning, please learn from my mistake!!
- This kind of goes with the one above. I absolutely love cows! Which might seem a little strange to some people. 🙂 And since we are on the subject of cows, I am very. very. picky when it comes to milk. I am an avid milk taste tester, cream content critic, yeah, the whole nine yards. I have been just slightly spoiled by the family dairy right by our house. So now I have very, very high standards of what milk should taste like! Store bought milk? Blegh, that’s not milk. I think that’s supposed to be called water.
- Okay, so it’s really, really hard to think of things to write about myself….. I am totally a country girl. If you see a girl outside, barefoot, and working in the gardens, well, that’s probably me. 🙂 One of my favorite places is Big Valley, Pennsylvania. I love taking long walks down the empty country roads, and hearing the clip-clop of the horses hooves as the buggies pass by. It’s just such a wonderful place. I would love to live there someday!
- I was born in Iowa. Even though I have lived in Pennsylvania well over ten years, Iowa will always seem like home to me. I’m sure that’s because so many of the people that I love so much still live there.
- I love cooking and baking! While I love cooking, my mother makes the majority of the meals, but I make most of the family’s baked goods. Breads are definitely my baking specialty. Store bought rolls, breads, cakes, pies, cookies? Yeah, we don’t really know what those are in my family! 🙂