Hello everyone! I’m here today with the Blogger Recognition Award. A huge thank you to Megan Joy from Simply Megan Joy, for tagging me for this award! She has such a lovely blog. You should definitely head over and check it out! So now, onto the award!
RULES FOR THIS AWARD:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select (up to 15) other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
HOW I STARTED:
Um…… I honestly can’t even remember. I’m not really sure that I had a specific “reason” to start blogging. I had been thinking about starting a blog for several months, but one day I decided to actually put the plan into action! I started working on the blog in June 2016. After a few weeks of setting up the site and writing posts, I made the site public.
When I first started blogging, I didn’t really have a specific “plan” or “idea” for this blog. I wasn’t really sure what types of posts I would be publishing. After a few posts it became evident that this blog wouldn’t have just one specific topic, but rather a wide range of different posts and topics. Since this is kind of an everything, lifestyle blog, it has been nice to be able to post about a variety of different subjects. I don’t post about just one specific thing, but with every post that I write, I do try to stick to the overall theme of this blog; having a sweet and simple life. Basically, I write about the sweet and simple things in life!
MY ADVICE FOR NEW BLOGGERS:
- Be original. When you are first starting your blog, it may seem easy to “copycat” off of someone else’s blog. Reading other blogs and blog posts are great ways to discover new blog ideas, but do your best to still keep your blog original. Don’t try to completely mimic other bloggers writing styles, blog design, etc. Your blog should clearly be YOURS. Don’t try to act like your favorite blogger, don’t mimic your favorite post, just be you!
- Quality over quantity. Seriously. I can’t stress this enough. Let’s be honest, blogging can be stressful sometimes. Way, way stressful. You have readers, subscribers, comments to reply to, posts to write and schedule, images to edit, and on and on the list goes. In order to run a successful blog, you could easily spend hours upon hours a day blogging. But if you are like me, I don’t want blogging to take over my life! Don’t stress about making sure that you post every. single. day. Or even 3 times a week. If you are able to do that, great! But if not, it’s gonna be okay! Don’t post, just to post. I have seen so many blogs where they have daily posts, but, well, they usually aren’t that great. Yes, some bloggers are somehow able to miraculously post everyday and still have an amazing blog. (I have no idea how they do it.) But that is usually the exception, not the norm. I admit that sometimes I have gone weeks without writing or publishing a single post. Why? Well, probably the number one reason is because writers block is REAL, people. It’s so, so real. Sometimes, it just seems IMPOSSIBLE to write a post that is actually blog worthy. I’m not saying that every post needs to go viral and be amazing; I’m just saying, if you write a post that you know is awful, don’t post it just because you have nothing else to post. Never ever sacrifice the quality of your blog posts for quantity!
And anyone else who would like to do this tag!